Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> where to drill firewall, need to install wiring into cabin
mightyohm
post May 12 2004, 01:44 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 162
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Hey guys,

I need to run some cables from the engine compartment into the cabin for my megasquirt/wideband O2 setup.

Some of these cables will come from the bottom side of the engine (below the tin) and some from the top side (fuel injection). I need at least one 1-1.5" hole so I can fit cables plus pass some of the smaller connectors through.

I am planning to install the megasquirt and wideband box as well as a small fuse panel under where the armrest goes, on top of the tunnel. Later on I'll make a box and raise the armrest up a few inches.

Any suggestions for where to drill a hole?

I am thinking about putting it down near where the shift rod enters the tunnel, so I only have to go through one layer of metal, and the wires will come out into the tunnel about where I need them. However, I am worried about interfering with all the stuff in there (fuel lines etc) as well as getting all the wires from the top of the engine compartment down to the bottom. I think that means drilling holes in the tin as well. I have way too many wires to use the stock harness "tube".

Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 10:50 PM