Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 48 months and have electric to 914 Sixer, electfrical power up to Project Sixer
shoguneagle
post Apr 23 2011, 10:07 PM
Post #1

shoguneagle

Group: Members
Member No.: 84
Region Association: Northern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)

Today I applied electrical power to total systems and did not burn up my 914-Sixer project. Great feeling of accomplishment. It has been about five years since I started the project and it seems it is coming to a rapid conclusion this Spring.

I have problems with grounds, power, wrong functioning items, etc. but it is a great feeling of having the wiring initially done. The head lights and motors, fog lights, backup lights, emergency lights, blinkers all work; just have to sort out key power problems and grounds to several items.

The things I am very happy about are: the car did not burn up; it holds 12.9 volts on the batteries after four hours connected; and there are not any sparks when slowly attaching the ground cable to the battery. In my book, this means there are not any shorts and battery drainage which is usually a major problem when cars set for more than fifteen years and in different California weather outdoors.

Batteries will be left attached for the next 24-hours and we will see what the condition of the electrical wiring and batteries are in the morning. I will start the shakedown of the auto side of the house and proceed from there handling each problem individually. Ah!! So close and yet so far away!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)

Steve Hurt
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 05:07 PM