Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Deleted post -copper fuel lines, anyone else have this happen?
IronHillRestorations
post Jun 7 2004, 07:23 PM
Post #1

I. I. R. C.

Group: Members
Member No.: 439
Region Association: None

I added a post a few days ago regarding the paranoia surrounding the use of copper fuel lines, only to find it has been deleted.

Is this happening to anyone else?

PK (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

btw the gist of the post was that aircraft would probably vibrate about a hundred times more in ten hours of operating time than any 914 would in it's entire lifespan. All the vibrations in aircraft are retained in the airframe and transmitted throughout it. Properly supported 914 fuel lines do not vibrate, and properly installed copper replacement fuel lines are probably less of a liability than the original plastic. There are quite a number of cars that have had the plastic fuel lines replaced with copper and no issues.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
9146986   Deleted post -copper fuel lines   Jun 7 2004, 07:23 PM
seanery   perry, are you sure you posted it, not just previw...   Jun 7 2004, 07:47 PM
dmenche914   If copper lines are failure prone to cracking from...   Jun 7 2004, 09:51 PM
Brad Roberts   Perry, Be careful writing up long posts.. if your...   Jun 7 2004, 09:54 PM
JOHNMAN   Why would you use copper as opposed to steel brake...   Jun 7 2004, 10:23 PM
Mueller   Hey Perry....I agree with you ...people get into t...   Jun 7 2004, 11:11 PM
Bruce Allert   I posted a question a few days ago and received se...   Jun 7 2004, 11:24 PM
SpecialK     Jun 8 2004, 12:10 AM
campbellcj   I have some aluminum tubing with AN fittings sitti...   Jun 8 2004, 12:18 AM
SpecialK  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 03:33 AM