Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Tarret Bar and Set up Help Needed
Dave Bell
post Jun 21 2004, 04:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,398
Region Association: None

Finally got around to putting the Tarret Bar I picked up via the infamous Group buy.

Old Set up: Stock Sway and 140's on rear = tail happy in tight turns.

New Set up: Full soft on the Tarret sway and 140's on the rear and the car pushes some now.

Anybody with experience with these bars? It is advertized as equivalent to a 22mm solid bar in stiffness. That would be 80% stiffer than a 19mm solid bar. My guess is they used a roughly 1 inch O.D. bar with a 5mm thickness to get the 22mm equivalent??... just a guesstimate since the welded ends don't let you measure tube thickness.

I am thinking of stepping up to 180 springs in the rear but want to see what other's might recommend. Car rides fine with Koni red's all the way around and I don't think I will have any disappointment with a stiffer rear.... after having old KYB's in the rear to start with... almost anything feels like a smoother ride.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Dave Bell   Tarret Bar and Set up Help Needed   Jun 21 2004, 04:45 PM
Brad Roberts   Hum. Something is weird. I just did a Tarret insta...   Jun 21 2004, 06:35 PM
Mueller   What about your tires? Have you checked or change...   Jun 21 2004, 06:46 PM
Dave Bell   I will make the measurements later tonite and get ...   Jun 21 2004, 07:50 PM
SirAndy  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 05:50 AM