Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> UPS Thieves?, Or a crooked seller?
skline
post Jun 21 2004, 08:35 PM
Post #1

Born to Drive

Group: Members
Member No.: 17
Region Association: Southern California

Ok, I won a set of (4) 2 liter Fuch alloys on Ebay and they arrived today. I open the box and pull them out one at a time. They were neatly packed with thick soft blanket type pads in between each one. I pull out the first one and look it over, very nice! I pull out the next one and look it over, also very nice, I pull out the next one and its a little dirty but no scars, I look in the box and to my surprise, its empty. No more wheels. I think, wait a minute, There is supposed to be four wheels. I look around again and count the wheels, 1,2,3. WTF? So I go back and read the auction, it clearly states 4 914 aluminum wheels. I send the guy an email asking where the other wheel is. He replies back that the box was 59 pounds when he shipped it, wiegh one of the wheels and let him know how much it weighs. I weigh the wheel and its 13 pounds on the nose. Times 4 would be 52 pounds plus the box and padding would probably be around 59 pounds. So I am supposed to call him tomorrow and see what happened. Do you think someone would steal one wheel and seal the box back up? Or do you think the guy is trying to pull a fast one on me? It actually looks like there were four in the box at one time. You can see where the wheels left their marks on the sides on the box. I dont know what to think. I am a little pissed that I only have 3 wheels now. This aint no Citroen that can run on only 3 wheels. Any suggestions?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 11:33 PM