Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Interior Fuel Lines/Fuel Pump question/observation, Bee Jays fire got me thinking....
Scott S
post Jul 26 2011, 03:34 PM
Post #1

Small Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 633

Did the factory change the material used on the center tunnel fuel lines when they moved the fuel pumps up front?

BeeJay’s fire got me thinking about this a bit. On the stock FI set up, does the fuel flow back to the tank in the return line at the same high pressure that is uses to feed the injectors? If not, by moving the pump to the nose of the car, does that change the feed line in the center tunnel from low pressure to high pressure, adding additional stresses to both the line and the simple hose clamps that hold everything together down stream?

When I recently pulled my still rear mounted fuel pump to do my -6 conversion, the remaining gas in the tank drained very quickly/easily just through gravity. I understand that most pumps today are pushers, not pullers, and as well that the pump will be much cooler up in the nose of the car. But being that gravity does most of the work (at least in my car), wouldn’t it be safer to keep that high pressure out of the cabin and keep the pump mounted in the stock early location?

My other big concern is what seems to be common on the bird board with the 911 guys. There are so many threads where guys say to just keep the FI pump and use a regulator to drop the pressure in to the 3.5 – 4 needed for a Weber conversion. Why would you want all of that pressure built up on the one side of the system?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 08:43 AM