Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Bilstein rear shocks with a ground control coilover kit, Who has done it? Need some help. Thanks!
draganc
post Jul 28 2011, 02:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,000
Region Association: North East States

Gents,

I’m in the progress of installing a new set of Bilstein rear shocks with a ground control coilover kit.

Unfortunately, my car has been waaay too long on stands and I forgot how the original shocks were mounted. Not a big deal, however, with the ground control kit I’m a bit lost.

I don’t know if it matters but here is some more information about my set-up: I will be using original front and rear sway bars, 7x15 ATS with 205 tires, front stock torsion bar and are looking for a slightly lowered set-up. In addition, I’m using Tangerines Racing’s rear Delrin bushing kit with solid pivot shafts.

Who has installed such a kit and can help me out?

a – f are the original parts from the car and 1 – 7 what came with the kit.

Questions:
1) Which groove is used on the shocks, for installing the clip to position sleeve 5?

2) What are the measurements (top to bottom) for the gold spring plate on the sleeve?

3) I guess 2, 3 and 4 are only used with stock spring set-up.

4) The Ground control instruction are calling out for “…cut stock Bump Stop in half and use upper half…”.
My old stock shocks did not come with a bump stop. Where can I get original bump stops or is there an alternative way/bump stop?

5) Once the sleeve is pulled over the shock and the spring is installed how do you fasten top plate 7?

6) Top plate has 2 holes. I guess to tie-wrap the springs to it once the car is lifted. Please confirm.

7) Does c and e go on top of plate 7, before they are installed back into the car and then fixated with d and f followed by nut 8?

Thank you in advance for your inputs!!!
Dragan

Attached Image

Attached Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 10:57 PM