Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Question for the electrical gurus Wierd stuff happening, when I turned the key for the first time
rick 918-S
post Aug 4 2011, 10:21 PM
Post #1

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Group: Members
Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

I connected a booster charger to the cables on Sandy's Ravenna car tonight for the first time just to see how this would pan out. When I got the car there were no keys, the fuse panel was hanging down and the gauges were hanging out of the dash. The engine was out so there was no way to check to see what was working and what was fudged.

The engine is now installed, Jeff Bowlsby went through the engine harness and it checked out. I pulled the column and replaced the switch and wiper switch.

Everything on the relay board looked fine and is plugged in. Here's what happened when I turned the key on:

MPS is buzzing loudly

The Generator light on the combo gauge is flashing

the tach in bouncing around 3000 rpm's.

Now there is no battery in the car just a booster charger but I don't understand the wierdness with the dash and specially the MPS. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

All wild suggestions welcome.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 11:25 PM