Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> MPS Strangeness - SOLVED!, Doesn't like being properly installed
ThinAir
post Aug 5 2011, 05:17 PM
Post #1

Best friends

Group: Members
Member No.: 231
Region Association: Southwest Region

At WCR I asked McMark to drive my car and give me some advice on a bucking issue that I had. He suspected I may have a bad MPS so we borrowed a known good unit and just installed it loose in the engine compartment - sure enough, the problem went away.

So now that I'm home I arranged to get a known good MPS and installed it loose in the engine compartment - my engine is so smooth I can hardly believe it's the same engine. I'm a happy dude!

Well... until I actually installed the MPS onto it's regular location on the passenger side of the engine compartment. The bucking behavior came back again and as soon as I unbolted it and laid it loosely on top of the engine things went back again to smooth running.

I'm running a 2 year old Bowlsby wiring harness and 1 year old vacuum hoses so I don't think either of them are the problem. Any ideas? I've never seen anything quite so weird!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 04:11 AM