Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Great course down at the Marina yesterday, At first glance I wasn't so sure
Randal
post Sep 5 2011, 02:48 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 750

I'll post a link to the course design, which seemed like a purpose designed course (to me) favoring HP. As it ended up it was a very technical course that challenged everyone to figure it out.

Personally I really liked the course. Here is a video of the course:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfM96I1GpYs

The little 36 year old 914 "222" did OK, managing to keep ahead of all the 2000 cars, including a few with bunches of hp and modifications, as well as everyone else until Wayne with his rocket ship Ford Fiesta got by me on his very last run.

Congratulations Wayne. Nice going. Fun to watch your car operate.

Sorry I couldn't stay for the PM runs and keep the competition going, but had a gig in SF. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Man was the city crowded, so many people.

Here is the course map: http://lpr.pca.org/ax/2011/lprax7/2011_ax7.pdf

They put a slow down set of cones in the straight, but it hardly did much. Top of third gear before having to jam on the brakes for that first turn. But no one ran over the US Navy divider cones, so all was well.

Thanks again to LPR for running a great event. LRP is so organized!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th June 2024 - 06:10 PM