Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Valve adjustment woes, Need experienced opinions
ripper911
post Sep 7 2011, 05:35 PM
Post #1

corde pulsum tangite

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,654
Region Association: South East States

So, up until recently I've had the shop take care of my tune-ups because doing the valves seemed like a pain in the ass. Turns out I was right.
I can adjust the valves on the bug quickly, so it is something I have experience with.

I got most of them set, but the ones closest to the front of the car on both sides are giving me trouble, on the driver side I kept adjusting out but can't get a feeler guage in there, same thing happeneing on the passenger side.

Is there some trick to measuring the gap on the forward most valves? I know they're hard to get at, so I'm hoping that there is a trick I don't know about.

BTW the engine in question uses heavy duty valve springs, I was thinking something might have been out of whack on cylinder #1 but it happened on the other side too... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

I'll try again after work tomorrow, hopefully with some good advice to follow.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 11:24 PM