Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> parts lost/falling off while driving your 914??, damn, what was that noise???
Mueller
post Jul 21 2004, 08:51 PM
Post #1

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

So I get a phone call a few days ago from Mike Rose, the fella that graciously lent me his 914 for the WCC a month ago..."hey Mike, I was under my car and noticed a dent on the heatexchangers that looked odd, then I noticed the pass. side flapper box was gone"

ummm, I knew I didn't take the car off road or run anything over that I knew of and then I remembered that while driving down on hwy 101 to the breakfast that Friday of the WCC, my wife and I had been cruising at about 70 or so (indicated 80+ mph, but he has smaller than norm tires on the car) when I heard a bunch of noise like under the car and then saw something in my mirror bouncing/sliding on the freeway behind us until the object was no longer in my view due to the cars behind us........Well, now I'm 99% sure what the racket was (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

I still have no idea if we did run something over and it popped up and took off the valve or just vibration did it in......

What else have people "lost" while driving their 914?? I know a few people have "donated" their targa tops to the convicts cleaning up the side of the road, anything else??
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Mueller   parts lost/falling off while driving your 914??   Jul 21 2004, 08:51 PM
SirAndy   - sway bar drop link ... - one of the nuts holding...   Jul 21 2004, 08:56 PM
bondo   I lost a piece of engine tin once. (the piece at t...   Jul 21 2004, 09:09 PM
bondo   Speaking of funny noises, I once got hit by a palm...   Jul 21 2004, 09:15 PM
jkeyzer   I lost my dignity when a driveshaft fell off and t...   Jul 21 2004, 09:25 PM
nebreitling   J-tube came right off while driving after i'd ...   Jul 21 2004, 09:25 PM
Unclerichy   Yup, lost my heater flapper box as well. It made a...   Jul 21 2004, 09:41 PM
Mueller   :trophy:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 08:34 PM