Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Guidance on Rust, buying decision-is this rust critical?
JohnM
post Jul 23 2004, 04:28 PM
Post #1

914 enduro driver

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,387

Hello- I just completed an inspection of an auction 914 and need some timely guidance on rust. This car is all original and low mileage and shows well taken care of but there is some rust that concerns me in engine well area down low on either side of engine compartment. On driver side I could probably bring up a half a hand full of loose rust scales and on passenger side I can see same area rusted but cannot get my hand down there due to battery etc. in the way. These areas are not holed through that I can see and the adjacent underside of chassis and body panels are not holed through in these areas as far as I can tell. Is this critical? Is it unsafe? How should this type of rust affect the value of the car? I would very much appreciate some guidance on this as the auction is soon ending.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
JohnnyX   Guidance on Rust   Jul 23 2004, 04:28 PM
kenpolives   Unless you can weld and the car is dirt cheap, pa...   Jul 23 2004, 04:34 PM
GWN7   Hi and welcome :beer2: Without pictures of the ...   Jul 23 2004, 04:34 PM
Joe.D   "not bad" could turn out like this. :(   Jul 23 2004, 04:46 PM
SirAndy   <...   Jul 23 2004, 04:58 PM
JohnnyX   Many thanks to all those who replied and especiall...   Jul 28 2004, 12:36 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 04:33 PM