Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Remove glue from engine firewall, In one day, almost
watsonrx13
post Jul 25 2004, 07:25 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 312
Region Association: South East States

Well, after all of the various discussions lately about how to remove the glue from the engine firewall, I decided I would try it today. I got about 95% finished, but let me first describe what I did to complete this project.

First off, it appears that no one has found anything that will take the glue off, without removing part of the paint. So with that in mind I decided that I would not only remove the glue, but also the paint. Along with the paint removal, I also decided to remove the tabs, that held up the engine pad, and fill in any extraneous holes. I also had a broken engine lid hinge, so I might as well replace that.

OK, first I needed to remove the back pad inside the car. This would allow me to do any welding without burning the pad.

First, remove the seats (everyone knows about the tab opposite the adjustment handle needs to be pressed in).
Unscrew the engine lid knob.
Unscrew the plate behind the knob.
Unscrew the (4) screws that hold the back pad.
Slightly pull the bottom of the back pad out, which will cause the tabs on the back of the pads to drop down out of the brackets.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 08:10 AM