Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Help with a fuel pump issue
pgeorgeson
post Oct 23 2011, 09:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,710
Region Association: None

I just bought a 1974 2.0 and am having a fuel delivery issue.

I am not getting any output from my fuel pump. There is fuel supply to the pump (into the S port) from the tank and through the filter. I removed the output line ("D" port -- the middle one) and attached a test line feeding the test line into a bottle. When the pump runs, I am not getting any fuel out of my test line from the D port. I can hear it going "pssst, pssst, pssst," but no fuel ever comes out.

In addition, although it isn't sending fuel out of the D port, it seems to be pumping fuel into the return line. The reason I can tell this is that when I removed all the lines from the pump, fuel drained out of the return line where the return line attaches to the R port. After I did my test, I removed the all the lines again (to switch pumps) and quite a bit of fuel again came out of the R line again.

I have a spare pump that I got from the previous owner, and both appear to be doing exactly the same thing.

It seems like both pumps are pumping fuel into the R line instead of the D line. What is going on and how to I fix it or test it?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 04:46 PM