Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Carb and distributor options
21783mike
post Nov 1 2011, 12:02 PM
Post #1

Glutton for Punishment

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,310
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I have decided for the time being that I need to get my project off the jack stands and on the road before I totally lose my enthusiasm. For simplicities sake I am going to go to carb/carbs and a Mallory distributor for the time being, the FI is screwed up enough that for now I do not have the time nor patience to deal with it. I need to drive it so I can decide how much money I am actually going to throw at it.
I am familiar with the single32/36 progressive Weber from past years ago on an Old Isuzu Trooper I had put one on, it was great on that application but folks here seem to hate it.... though without really saying why. In my mind having an electric choke and not having to sync multiple carbs seems a fair trade for a few hp if thats the primary drawback.
The Baby Webers ..... the 34's, whats the story? Sufficient for a stock engine?
40's price difference makes these unattractive as I plan to get the FI back on next year after I pull the motor to freshen it up.... If I spend the money on the 40's I think I might not ever go back to the FI.

Distributor - there's a few different ones on Jeg's, is the 4554101 with mech adv the one I need? Or is the 4754101 with Vac adv a better choice.....

And finally anyone have these items laying around in good enough condition to bolt on that they want to sell.... cheap (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Thanks in advance guys,
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 07:39 AM