Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Drivers Side Door Vent Tube, Interested in opinions on restoration...please.
Vysoc
post Dec 9 2011, 08:49 AM
Post #1

Vysoc

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,737
Region Association: South East States

Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image[attachmentid=286
033]Attached ImageAttached Image

Hello World,

Yesterday was fairly productive and I am at the point where I need to start repairing several areas before I replace my rear floor boards. Both of my door vent tubes have rust, Driver's side looks to be worse than passenger side.
I would assume after looking at the way Armando fixed his, that I should tackle the bottom hole first before welding in a piece on the top. Or you may opt to cut out the whole section?
Once I broke through all the rust, the cavity was obviously filled with bondo, I am open to all suggestions, I have 4 or 5 areas that are in need of major rustoration.
The areas with the rust do not seem to be along the longs so this project has hope.
The dull gray appearance is from the application of Ospho to hold the rust at bay.
I do have the Engman Long Kit and am trying to get several areas in good shape before I put the kit in.

The history on the car is a 76' chassis, with fiberglas flares, 911 5 lug suspension.

Let me know what course of action you would suggest for the vent hole repairs.

Thank you in advance,

Vysoc (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 03:17 AM