Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> throttle body sizing
ottox914
post Aug 29 2004, 05:18 PM
Post #1

The glory that once was.

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Another question for the masses. After tearing things up this season on the auto x course, I find myself about 1-2 seconds behind the CSP winners at each event. And this on Falcon Azenis tires, with the fast guys bringing their hoosiers in on a trailer, while I drive to and from each event... With the 914 possibly going to DSP for next season, I'm thinking headers, Kuhmo 700's and dual throttle bodies with KitCarlson FI. All legal for CSP or DSP. I think the tires will make up most or all of the 1-2 seconds I'm back, but like most of you, I like to tinker with the teener.

So, given that for either class, the long block needs to be stock, (cam, pistons, valves, head, compression) what would be a good way to decide what size throttle bodies to get? In a quick search of TWM, Jenvey, redlineweber, there are sizes from 40 to 50+. While for the stock long block, anything over 50 would be huge, how do you figure between 40,42,44,45,48... I searched on carbs, and it seems carb guys w/basically stock motors run 40-44's. Keep in mind, the application is auto cross, so torque is more valuable than top end HP, and sharp throttle responce a must.

thanks again.

David Parsons
ottox914
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 08:51 AM