Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How to section a fender, Not that I wanted to, but when there's no choice...
rick 918-S
post Mar 28 2012, 10:49 PM
Post #1

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Group: Members
Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

During my journey to try to get Sandy's car ready for the WCR I discovered another huge dent in the left front fender. I worked hard to try to get the damage out but there was no way I could be happy with the end result. So I have a Ravenna 73 parts car. It's a MN rusted hulk with a brazed patch on the bottom. I cut the best parts off the salvage fender and saved what I needed to repair the damaged fender. I sand blasted it inside and out so it's nice and clean. You will see the lower section looks a little rough but I'm not done working it. It was hammered to death so all in all it's a very good repair. I will only use primer on the welded seam over the wheel.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Notice my body file in the photo. I didn't use a grinder. I just filed the welds to finish.

Attached Image
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 06:31 PM