Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Sot, friggen honda
underthetire
post Apr 2 2012, 07:49 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,623
Region Association: Northern California

So, my son wanted a Honda. We found a beat up 2 door civic in his price range. Ran good for a week. He tells me it stalled. I want more details of how and when. I don't know, I was at a light and it stalled. Nothing else. So, clean the iac valve. Order correct gasket and remove throttle body, clean it. Re solder master relay since they are known for broken solder joints. Replace front axle (noisy cv). Change ATF. Runs good for a day. Says it stalled again. Then today finally stalled with no start. Towed it back to my house. No spark. Found Honda used a coil in the dizzy that has a spring to the cap. Well, wouldn't you know, this brand new looking cap was melted where the spring makes contact. I hope he can learn at least from this.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 03:49 AM