Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> It lives..., Waking the /6 from the slumber
Rusty
post Oct 4 2004, 07:51 AM
Post #1

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

This weekend, I went to my storage unit (a garage that I rented before my departure).

I was (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) to discover that there was water damage in the unit. My clothes had been cleaned and placed in garment bags and had mildew on them. Books - mildew. Interior of Elwood - mildew on vinyl, leather covered steering wheel, glass and carpet.

I spent some time on Saturday spraying everything down with Lysol and wiping up as much as I could from the smooth surfaces. The carpets got pulled and sprayed.

Sunday I cleaned everything again with lemon scent Pledge. Most of the smell is gone. Then I took the mats to the carwash and power-washed them off.

Also, Sunday, I started the car. I think that I adjusted the valves a bit too tight before I left, so I didn't take the car out of a drive. Between a needed valve adjustment and year old fuel... I need to do some more work before Elwood hits the roads.

Any suggestions for the mildew... something I haven't tried yet?

-Rusty (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 11:50 AM