Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Dynamat Sound Proofing, Anyone Used Dynamat on firewall/floors
yellowFV
post Oct 5 2004, 07:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,372

Anyone have any experiences in improving the sound proofing in the 914 ?... I have a 74 1.8 liter that is my semi daily driver and the Engine Bay Insulation peice as well as the insulation panel behind the backpanel is missing.

I am looking at replacing the engine insulation panel with one of those foil types that is avail on ebay !

George at AA recomended the stock stuff.... I saw in the October VW Trends mag they are "soundproofing" a bug using a multi-layer foil product called Dyanamat. www.dynamat.com.

The stuff has a neoprene rubber base layer a 8 mil lead sound deadening layer and a foil outer layer..

My plan was to use this stuff on the backpanel/firewall as well as the floor and on the inside of the doors glued to the inside of the steel door panels. I was hoping to get the car quiet enough to be able to install a CD Player/satellite radio with Amp and Speakers in door panels.

The car handles like all get out... just trying to make it more comfortable to drive and be able to enjoy a modern sound system.

any thoughts or ideas on the soundproofing or the sound sytem / speakers ?

rob wellner
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
yellowFV   Dynamat Sound Proofing   Oct 5 2004, 07:15 PM
Headrage   Strip all of the stuff in the engine bay and deal ...   Oct 5 2004, 07:42 PM
charlesmac   I have used X-mat (about identical to dyna-mat) on...   Oct 5 2004, 08:40 PM
McMark   If you're thinking of cutting your door panels...   Oct 5 2004, 09:26 PM
Elliot Cannon   I've used dynamat a lot on my car. It's e...   Oct 5 2004, 09:34 PM
SGB   I've installed the shiney stuff. Put a piece ...   Oct 5 2004, 10:24 PM
markb  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 02:39 AM