Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> I need some help.., Serious engine failure
Mockmaw
post May 9 2003, 10:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 438

It's a very sad day for me and my Porsche.. something is very, very wrong.

The engine is running poorly, it's smoking, and it's making a strange flapping noise.. I talked about this a few weeks ago. We've since determined that there's a 'leak' between the cylinder and the cylinder head that's spitting oil and compressed air. The fact that there's compression leads me to believe that the connecting rod is still good.

I'm stumped and I'm frustrated, so I need some help: What could be the problem? What can I do to help pinpoint what's happening?

The fact that there's compression leads me to believe that the connecting rod is okay. Is the cylinder head warped? The cylinder?

Grr.. I just put money into engine work and a week later this happens.. the pessimist side of me wants to say that the two are connected, but it's probably just the standard mechanical failure that happens to 30 year old cars.

So what do I do next? What are my options? The car's in SD and I'm in the Bay Area working fulltime and doing summer school.. which means I'll have plenty of time to research things but little time to actually work on the car.

All for now, thanks in advance for the help, I'll keep posting as I discover new things. Feel free to ask questions of clarification and such.

Edit: Forgot to mention, it's the #1 cylinder.

-Tyler
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th June 2024 - 10:39 AM