Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Can get my mixture rich enough- Weber 44 IDF
tornik550
post Jun 10 2012, 08:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,486
Region Association: None

Just installed a innovate air fuel gauge. I have always suspected that my mixture was lean. The gauge now confirms it. At idle my readings are about 10.5-11.5. At 4k rpm the readings are about 12. Of coarse, when I let of the throttle, the numbers go up to around 13. I have played around with the setting quite a bit- the changes do make changes however still not getting me close. Here is what I have-

dual weber 44 idf's
60 idles (lean even with three full turns of the idle mixture screw)
150 mains
190 air
f11 tubes
(I don't remember what I set the float height to- 11mm? however I don't think that would mess up my idle mixture?)

2258 engine
scat 45 cam (.507 lift, dur 262 at .050")
9.5:1 CR
2.0l heads 44intakes 38 exhaust

my three theories-
-just need to keep going up on jet size (just seemed like mine were getting a bit big)
-float issue may actually effect idle mixture? (doubt)
-possible that my gauge is wrong. I see no reason to believe that. I had just calibrated it and it is installed correctly according to the instructions.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 09:49 AM