Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Painting question, did everything as directed, but results not good
Randal
post Jun 26 2012, 03:08 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 750

So after I destroyed my front splitter at Cascade I decided to repair it and repaint as opposed to spending big bucks for a new one. The fiberglass repairs went OK, bonded three separate pieces back together.

Next on to the painting. I used a two stage process, with the clear coat being Nason 462-00 with hardener. Also sprayed on a texture surface, before painting as the splitter is low and gets hit with cones and such. The stuff was pretty expensive and the paint guys said it was compatible with my base coat and clear.

I followed these instructions:

http://www.pc.dupont.com/dpc/en/US/html/vi...ason/462-00.pdf

The base coat went on nice and I waited until it was dry before spraying the clear coat.

First coat of clear was perfect, but my second, which was a bit heaver, i.e., trying to float out the last coat, ended up being cloudy or milky.

I thought this Nason stuff was a good clear and if you followed directions......

I just can't figure it out. Gun was super clean, outside temp was 70 degrees, ran 35psi at the gun input and so on.

Was thinking that I could actually paint my whole car, but not sure now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

So what causes the clear to milk up?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 07:47 AM