Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel gauge/sender issue, Question about fuel gauge/sender issue
lonewolfe
post Aug 17 2012, 02:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,549
Region Association: Northern California

I've searched ad found several postings on overhauling/repairing fuel senders and have followed those suggestions and continue to have and issue with my fuel gauge. I've tried 3 different fuel senders in my tank and none of them have solved the problem. I get different fuel tank readings with each of the three senders I've tried. One reads just below half full, the second just above half full and the third shows just about 3/4 full. My car has had a full tank of gas when tested. One of the senders is the one that came in the car, one out of another 914 parts car and one I purchased used from EASY in Emeryville. I've cleaned the inside wires and contacts on these used senders as described in the various posts put up on 914world.com, pelicanparts.com and 914club.com and none of these senders have changed readings. I realize the possibility that each of these senders may no longer be good but it seems that many people have had excellent results with repairing their senders after cleaning them out. it seems that if there is a problem with my fuel gauge that it would read the same regardless of which fuel sender I'm using. it seems odd that I get different fuel level readings using different senders. I'd think if the fuel gauge is bad then it would continue to show the same level and not change depending on the sender.

So, I'm asking for your suggestions before going out and spending $100+ on a new fuel sender. Is there something else I should check or do before ordering a new sender? I'm getting pretty frustrated.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 01:02 AM