Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Trying to sort out my electrical issues- plz help
tornik550
post Aug 18 2012, 10:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,486
Region Association: None

I have been having various electrical issues. I am completely going through my system to make sure nothing is wrong. I have found a few issues. Please give me your thoughts-

basic car electrical info-(all parts are close to new)
Optima Yellow Battery
Mallory Unilite dizzy
MSD Blaster 2 coil
Magnecor wires
No alternator (until I get the bugs worked out)
Dual Carbs
Very little electrical items on the car. Setup for auto x. Stripped. Only basic gauges, ignition and safety lights.

Issues-
-The voltage at the battery was 12.8. The voltage at the +post of the coil was 9.0. I unplugged the distributor and the voltage went up to 12.4 or so. I assume this is not normal. Any ideas?

-When I turn off my car, I hear a single slight arcing type noise coming from my coil. I moved my coil and retried many times to make sure it was coming from the coil. I checked many times, from many angles in the pitch black to see if I could see any arcing- none- just a noise. Sounds like it may be coming from inside the coil. Any ideas?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 04:13 AM