Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Backfires on shifting, muffler has a huge hole in it, Are the two related?
gollygwagen
post Aug 20 2012, 07:41 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,799
Region Association: None

I'm sorry to keep posting with silly newb posts, but I wasn't finding a clear answer. The car backfires sometimes when I shift gears and when I coast with it in gear. I think the second is likely related to the massive gaping hole in my muffler I plan to replace today, but if it wasn't I suspect that I will quickly blow a hole in the new muffler so I wanted to ask.

Car is coming together with all the stuff I replaced and next weekend I should replace all the fueling parts from the tank back and finish replacing the ignition pieces. After that it's mechanical and since it runs pretty well I'm thinking that's OK for now, just need to find the fancy oil this week. I know a local racing store carries Redline and Royal Purple products so I'll check with them today. How many quarts will I need and is the oil change interval similar to normal cars or due to it's air/oil cooled nature do you want to change it more often?

You guys have been great. I drove it to work for the first time today and saw three 911's on the short 7 mile stretch of highway I drive. Normally it's only Cayenne's, so I think it's a sign I'm on the right track.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 09:32 PM