Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
> Steinway & Sons Piano
A&PGirl
post Dec 1 2012, 01:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,367
Region Association: None

As part of my mothers estate, we have a Steinway & Sons Upright/Vertical piano in very good to excellent condition. According to the serial # & Steinway's site, the piano was made in 1959. My dad and I have absolutely no information on it other then the following:

TU bought it new to use in its music department. After many faithful years, it was sent to the Steinway distributor here locally to be completely rebuilt back to spec. ? someone who worked in the music department kept it/got it and my mother found out at that it was for sale from the same distributor. My dad bought and brought it home in 1980. It has extremely low hours. ~<10 hours a week since 1980 and it went for months at a time without being played. Always religiously tuned until the last 5 years.

It's black, has 3 pedals and my mother off-handly referenced it as a Studio model once.

We would like to move it on to someone who can put it to use better then we can. Yes, I can/do play, but this piano's tonal quality sounds wrong to me.

I would appreciate help id'ing the model and finding some pricing on it.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 10:16 AM