Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Oil leak between case and transmission- source?, Oil pressure too high?
tornik550
post Dec 5 2012, 08:29 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,486
Region Association: None

I rebuilt my engine last winter. After the initial break in, I noticed a small leak from where the engine case and transmission join together. I assumed it was a rear main seal leak. I drove it for about 100 miles since it wasn't to bad, hoping it would clear- it didn't. I took out the transmission and inspected the rms. It was perfectly alinged and I did not see any source for the leak. I replaced the RMS since I was in there. Even after the RMS replacement- it still leaks slightly. It hasn't been a huge deal. I have never noticed a decrease in oil level on the dipstick- its just very annoying cause it drips on my headers.

A few notes-
-definitely engine oil leak- oil is green, I am using Brad Penn oil
-oil galley plugs were replaced during the engine build and are bone dry
-engine runs extremely well
-case was check and within specs prior to rebuild.

Any ideas on what could cause this chronic leak? Is it possible that my schadeck 30mm pump is making the oil pressure too high and therefore causing a slow leak?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 02:30 AM