Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Putting the screen back in the tuna can
356'er
post Feb 12 2013, 07:17 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,291
Region Association: Northern California

Good morning all,

We have been running a "tuna can" the Weltmeister version for about a year now in my son's 914. I ruined the first screen with too much heat trying to adapt it. Have another screen coming, so...,

I am hoping someone that has done this already will share their experience. I am inspired by the pieces of broken ring in the 356 that were sitting on the screen when I went to investigate my the cause of a trail of oil based smoke. Pretty certain these would have been sucked into the 914-bad.

Two main choices seem to be:

Open up the bottom of the screen completely so that the p/u runs straight to the bottom of the can and the screen is trapped between the case and the can (would seem to be the best method, except the for leaks?)

or

Keep the bottom of the screen mostly intact (open the hole at the bottom slightly to take the can's "nut") and run it at the very bottom of the can held in place by a fairly tight fit (pretty sure the outer ring has to be trimmed).

I believe the upper opening that goes around the p/u has to be opened up slightly to accomodate the extension to the p/u in both methods but I believe that was pretty easy.

Or is there another way without ditching the tuna can.

Explanations, pictures, opinions all welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 02:08 AM