Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> MPS innard, bad seal?
r3dplanet
post Mar 2 2013, 10:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,741
Region Association: None

So I'm finally getting around to installing the Tangerine Racing manifold pressure sensor diaphragm kit through my MPS because it's Saturday and I'm sick and left with a whole free day to myself.

The process went smooth thanks to patience, an ultrasonic cleaner, more patience, and the ever-helpful pbanders D-Jet website.

I know that I'm supposed to be able to suck and hold vacuum at the port. But the boxful of MPS units I have all suffer from an inability to hold vacuum.

I split open the best one I had, de-soldered the connector, and pulled out the core unit. Up against the inside of the case, there is a small flat strip that acts as a spring holding down a small circular seal against the vacuum port opening. It's clear that this seal is made of some sort of plastic that is dried and warped with age.

Here's a photo:

Attached Image

The seal won't hold air, water, or muster simply because it's old. I'm wondering what others may have done to correct this failure.

Anyone?

Thanks,
Marcus
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 01:53 PM