Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Junk car prices in your area
GaroldShaffer
post May 4 2013, 10:22 PM
Post #1

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

I have known about a junk 71 not to far from my house for years. I get a call today from a friend of a friend who owns the car. I was asked if I am interested in buying the car. Now I don't have any pictures, but there isn't any place on this car that is not rusted with BIG holes in it. It has stock steel wheels, NO sway bars, trashed seats....... The good would be straight rear bumper, fog lights and a near perfect dash and misc small stuff. I offered $200 because I know that here in Indiana that would be the max any junkyard around here will give him. He said that he called around and was told he would get $500 for it from the junk yards.

Now I know he won't and the most will be $200 once they deduct for the tires and interior parts. I told him I am firm at $200 and wished him luck. He seemed a little miffed that I wouldn't match the $500 price he thinks he will get. Anyway, I hope he gets the $500 for it, but don't think he will.

So this got me wondering what are junk car prices like around the states?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 07:35 AM