Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> loud noise, blue flame
florida 914
post May 9 2013, 04:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,227
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Hi, folks. While driving my car today all of a sudden it started making a really loud noise. It sounded like a hole in the exhaust pipe, or perhaps like the exhaust had come off the engine altogether. When I got it home and put it up on stands, though, I couldn't see any leak or hole from below. What I could see was a blue flame occaisionally coming from the viscinity of the #3 cylinder, which is definitely where the noise is coming from. But the flame was only visiblle from above, from somewhere under the tin. Because of the tin I could not tell if it was coming from the spark plug hole or not, but it seems to be below that. The blue flame is not visible from below. The spark plug seems to be tight; when I unplug that plug that flame goes away and most of the noise (though of course it runs rough on 3 cylinders).

Anyone want to tell me this is a cheap, easy fix?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th June 2024 - 02:03 AM