Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Steps To Increase Engine Operating Temperature..., Curse of the Temp Gage...
Joseph Mills
post Nov 27 2004, 05:01 PM
Post #1

on a Sonoma diet now...

Group: Members
Member No.: 39

Before I had a temp gage, I worried about not knowing what temps my engine was running at. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Now that I have a temp gage, I get to worry about the temps the engine is actually running at! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Since the ambient temps in my neck of the woods has dropped into the forties & fifties my engine temp gage reads between 120 - 180 running around town.

The flapper boxes and thermostat were removed by the PO. The vent door over the oil cooler is wired open.

At idle, the temp will not climb over 140.

I'm doing an AX tomorrow and these temps seem a little cold for running the engine at redline.

What have some of you in a similar situation done to increase temps?

I have removed the GT lid and installed the stock one with a raintray. I could cover the expanded wire mesh (including the little side openings next to the lid), with all mag vinyl.

Also considered blocking off 1/2 of the oil cooler.

The value I see in blocking the oil cooler is that it will increase oil temps, whereas blocking the engine air could possibly increase headtemps, but still not increase engine oil temps.

Any ideas, comments, advice?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Joseph Mills   Steps To Increase Engine Operating Temperature...   Nov 27 2004, 05:01 PM
vsg914   Joseph, I can't answer your temp q's, but ...   Nov 27 2004, 05:11 PM
Joseph Mills   Curt, The AX is a non-points fun event held at our...   Nov 27 2004, 06:10 PM
vsg914   Portand and Reno. I 40 west of I 44? 8:30? guess I...   Nov 27 2004, 07:20 PM
Joseph Mills     Nov 27 2004, 07:56 PM
Joseph Mills   :bump: :confused:   Nov 27 2004, 09:38 PM
dmenche914   Be sure to check your temp gage for calibration. ...   Nov 27 2004, 09:59 PM
dmenche914   PS... Thinking about it more, if the oil cooler ...   Nov 27 2004, 10:07 PM
SirAndy   sounds like the PO wired the system for full cooli...   Nov 27 2004, 10:08 PM
Brad Roberts   Jo, Do you have a front mounted cooler ? I dont k...   Nov 27 2004, 10:13 PM
SirAndy  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 08:43 PM