Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> COLLISION - Part 2, The insurance company
tomeric914
post May 31 2013, 09:37 PM
Post #1

One Lap of America in a 914!

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,101
Region Association: North East States

Some of you have probably read the thread on my client's unfortunate accident here http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=211105 and now he's into the insurance phase where they play the game, "How low can we go?"

FIRST, please do not respond to this thread with a value. Please PM me instead. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I would like to know if anyone has a similar car that has been recently appraised. If so, please PM me some information about your car and its value.

The insurance company didn't know what to value the car at and searched eBay ads to determine a value on the car. Let's suffice to say that they aren't even close.

The facts:

- My client bought the car brand new from the dealer in 1974 and has owned it for the past 39 years.

- The car is ALL original and has been garaged since new. Never driven in the winter and absolutely NO rust.

- The car has never been in an accident until now

- The odometer just turned over 50k miles

- It has is the center 3 gauge console and rear window defogger. He added the alloys after he purchased the car.

- The car will be repaired. Accepting it as totaled and the resultant salvage title is not an acceptable course of action.

Above all, thanks to those that can help!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 06:18 AM