Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Big Oil Problem., It started as a dribble...
Brando
post Nov 29 2004, 11:47 PM
Post #1

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,648
Region Association: Southern California

This evening when driving with a friend of mine down to riverside my oil light came on. Not just flickering, but on. Went away at about 2k RPMS. Then i started smelling burning oil. Not good.

After we get to the pool hall, I hop under and take a look. I saw about half a quart of oil on the ground under my car. The 3.5 quarts were maybe somewhere between Van Buren and Arlington Ave.

After about an hour of pool i go back to my car, put in the 'emergency' half-quart of oil. I also take this time to see that my entire engine compartment has oil sloshed all around. Underneath the car is pretty much oil-bathed everywhere. I started seeing brown and white streaks in the oil from the return line. This concerns me. I made it to a Kragen down the street, bought a 10-pack of 10W30 and put in 3 quarts. That lasted me a whopping 5 minutes before the burning oil smell and oil warning light returned. Pulled over, added 3 more quarts, and made it almost home. I had to turn the car off and coast for about a block to my house. While driving my friend noticed a 'sprinkler' sound, of spritzing maybe. All i heard was a 'SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS' and saw oil spraying out the back.

I'm really concerned here that something expensive (!!!) broke. All I know is that oil doesn't stay inside the case and that I hear a spraying sound when the engine is on. Any ideas? Suggestions? All input is apprecieated. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Brando   Big Oil Problem.   Nov 29 2004, 11:47 PM
scott thacher   oil gallery plug un seated and is spraying under p...   Nov 29 2004, 11:50 PM
MattR   Holy crap. We need to send some hazmat trucks to ...   Nov 29 2004, 11:51 PM
newdeal2   I have never had it happen personally but it does ...   Nov 30 2004, 12:10 AM
MattR   You might check your oil filter too. Aaron had a ...   Nov 30 2004, 12:16 AM
Jake Raby   Atleast if its that bad it'll be easy to find...   Nov 30 2004, 12:17 AM
Brando   I think you guys may have hit it on the head with ...   Nov 30 2004, 09:37 AM
jim912928   hmmm..mine is doing the same thing. Where are all...   Nov 30 2004, 11:44 AM
Jake Raby   There are 4 galleys in that area.... But it sounds...   Nov 30 2004, 11:47 AM
jim912928   Thanks Jake...my first chore this spring as the 91...   Nov 30 2004, 12:05 PM
ClayPerrine   Check the galley plugs at the top of the oil coole...   Nov 30 2004, 12:12 PM
Dave_Darling  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 08:39 PM