Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fish Eye Gone Bad w/Imeron?, Making Progress on the 6
mr914
post Jun 26 2013, 06:32 PM
Post #1

914 Hillbilly

Group: Members
Member No.: 131
Region Association: None

Finally to the point of doing some primer and undercoating.

Trying something on the bottom side. Turns out UPOL makes a bedliner material called Raptor that is tintable. So I had it tinted L80E to see about saving a step of Body Schutz and then top coating.

Local Autobody supply was $230 per 4 litres with gun and colorant. But considering the cost of Schutz and paint, It might be a better approach

While waiting for the primer and Raptor to dry. Finally broke out the front hood.

To put this in perspective, I pulled the hood of, looked at it, said I'll deal with it later...

Well, its Later.... Finally (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) Just been 10+ years (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

Did the intital sand and take a look at the photo. Fish Eye from Hell... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

Looks like original paint, a tough as nails primer black/grey, then a white paint on top..

Sanded for 20 minutes with 80 grit and a DA sander. Still looks the same.

Could I be Imeron?

Any Idea on how/why?

I'm planning on chemically stripping it,

Thought you all would like to have a look. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 06:10 PM