Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> SVX swap and Master Cylinder rebuilding, two questions
Mwood
post Jul 10 2013, 05:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,509
Region Association: Northern California

I figured I would put these in the same topic to save space on here.

any help with this stuff would be awesome

question 1:

I just pulled the master cylinder off of my car,
as I was removing it, the line that includes the big bolt and banjo leaked some residual fluid which appeared to be pretty smooth and didnt look muddy.
the other line did not leak any residual fluid.
a video of me forcing action with it on the bench.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/98486293@N04/...57634495806387/

what are some things I should check to find out if I need to rebuild it or not? the pedal box is rusted into oblivion and I cant figure out how to get it apart but the master cylinder has almost no rust on it so I dont know..

question 2:

tomorrow a guy is delivering an SVX with a bad trans to me from richmond ca, (I live in the southern end of SF) for $600 total. pretty rad, considering the engine apparently fires right up and runs great. the dude has to move and needs it gone.

I have no truck, my dad has it in oregon. I have no towing equipment. if I pull the eg out of the thing and push the rest of the car into a parking space outside my house and just leave it, wont the city eventually impound, thus getting it out of my hair? I dont plan to transfer registration so they wont really have any records of me owning it. as long as the guy I bought it from doesnt get screwed for the deal Im down with letting the city get rid of it..

the reason I ask is the condition on which my mother lets me keep my 914 in the garage is that she can get her passat in it at night, so every time I finish working on it I have to jam the thing into the back of the garage with a 5 point turn. she doesnt want to give up her parking space for an SVX while I try to sell parts off of it so the sooner I can get it gone the better once I get the swap out of it.

thanks all

mitch
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 12:56 PM