Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Need T-4 advice, P&C issues
Rusty
post Dec 4 2004, 05:03 PM
Post #1

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

I purchased a set of 914-4 pistons and cylinders second hand from someone I believe to be reputable.

These are Mahle 94mm euro jobbers. New in the Mahle box.

As advertised, one cylinder had three broken fins. No big deal, according to stuff Jake has written. Well, when I get the package, one of the cylinders does indeed have three broken fins (all three together).

The three broken fins are at the widest part of the cylinder, and the fourth one (above the three widest) is cracked, right at the bolt hole. On the opposite side of the cylinder, another fin is cracked (second from the wide end). It looks like this cylinder might have taken a tumble from a kitchen table or something.

Is this cylinder usable... or do I need to seek redress with the seller?

Don't ask for pictures. I no longer have a digital camera. Don't ask. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

-Lawrence
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 08:15 PM