Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> My First 914
dvid3k
post Jul 23 2013, 08:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,146
Region Association: None

I just thought I would drop by before bed and introduce my first entry into the 914 world. I've been a fan of the 914 for a long time now but I had no plans on purchasing one anytime soon until a coworker sent me a photo of a car he happened upon one day.
How I found it:

After I saw it I couldn't resist stopping by to check it out, after that there was no turning back. I knew it was a 914 but the Chalon kit had me a bit confused as to what I was looking at, the Chalon kit isn't completely my cup of tea, if I had a choice I would have been much happier with a stock body but I was more sold on all the new parts the car has. It had been sitting for a couple years but it had a nearly brand rebuilt 2000cc engine, new shocks and struts, new exhaust, dual weber carb setup, pertronix distributor and probably some more things once I dig through the paper work.
Aside from the Chalon kit the rest of the car is very solid with no major rust areas making themselves apparent as of yet. I've got some minor rust here and there but so far most of it is not rotted through yet, all seeming very tamable so far. There is definitely body work to do with the fiberglass.

It is a rarity to see a 914 in my area, especially one for sale that I could afford so I did what needed to be done and the end result was a roll back dropping it off at my house earlier this afternoon. Now the process of bringing it back to life begins. I'm still a bit afraid of what I've gotten myself into but I'm still optimistic.

Probably the first wash this car has had in several years, Its looking much better with all the crud washed off. I've already pulled the fuel tank and cleaned it out and changed the oil but it looks like I'm going to have to get a fuel pump before I can start it up. I'm having an issue with the accelerator pedal as well, the man I purchased it from said it needed a cable but it seems like the little ball joint thing on the back of the pedal has just popped off of the piece it snaps on to, I've tried popping it back on but it just doesn't seem to stay, nor does it have clearance to miss the metal piece of the body tunnel to the right of the pedal so I'll have to work that out as well before I can get it moved from its current position.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 09:16 AM