Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Should I reinforce my rear strut towers?
chad newton
post Jul 24 2013, 01:02 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,491
Region Association: None

My plans for my 914 are to run as a track car more then on the street. If I wanted one for the street I probably would get another that at least had interior and paint. I will be installing a cage, already have the 911 front suspension, will have the sway bar installed shortly, around 250hp 2.7, what else needs to be looked at? I have seen a lot of guys running a bar welded to the rear strut towers and was thinking about doing that to mine. I will not at this time connect it to a cage because I was thinking of starting with a six point then maybe later going all out. Isn't it a good idea to stiffen the rear towers before I tweak them out? I tried the search engine but again I couldn't find any threads pertaining to this perticular mod.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 12:16 PM