Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> everyone knows, I NEED hElP THANK YOU ALL!
worn
post Aug 16 2013, 09:22 AM
Post #1

can't remember

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,152
Region Association: Upper MidWest

You may remember me from posts like the squid that ate my transmission. I built an engine and have pretty much solved various problems like leaks and oil pressure and oil temp. It is a 2056 with a 73 web cam + 2.5°.

I had to do some work on the heads. I was shooting for about a little over 8:1 compression, and while I have some uncertainty of deck height I am certain of the head chamber volume all matched to 69 cc ( I would say milliliters). According to CB Performance that would give me a maximum of 8.4 compression.

That is the set up here is the problem. On load I hear a ticking sound, with maybe a tinkling high tone. There are several alternative sources of rattling, but it is coming from the engine bay. The gas here is generally 91 octane. I have enriched the MPS to deliver A/F to around 11:1 at load with part throttle and that has not cured the problem. After break in the car turned more difficultly with the starter so I wonder if the cam may be producing better dynamic compression. The heads overheat if I push air down the road at 70 - they generally don't at 50. Timing is stock.

Question 1. Is this knock/ping/pink(UK)?

Question 2. What are my best options and how quickly must they be instituted. The car is grounded for now.

3 - Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 08:46 AM