Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Updates to my 914 and brake questions, brakes, fuel system, ignition, wheels, tires,
stefs914
post Aug 20 2013, 09:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,812
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Here's a quick update on what i have been doing to my porsche it hasn't been much sense i've been tight on cash but a little progress is progress non the less (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
I started by finally getting the thing clean, then i removed all my old ignition parts and replace them and bought a new battery and she turned over and tried to fire but i already removed the fuel lines so there was no chance of it running. Then i moved to the fuel system pulled the old tank out.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) smelled like like old lacquer and rotten beer... after i got them out i'm starting on new fuel lines and filter, and now i have my por-15 tank cleaner/sealer kit on its way. After that i have always wanted to powder coat my wheels copper just because i think it would be unique and the tires and wheels were shot! My problem was i had to dismount the tires myself which if you've ever done it with a small collection of tools, it is a pain!!!! Now i'm in the process of cleaning all the old rust off the wheels. Then i found out my father in laws business does commercial powder coating so i'm going to get them powder coated for free.

If you've actually read this far here is my dilemma the brakes when i got the car were locked, so i'm trying to decide what i do buy the caliper seal kit and just buy brand new caliper kit. If you have any suggestions please let me know. I will try my best to keep posting about the next steps and what happens after i get the fuel system hooked up and start her up for the first time. Again thank you so much for the input!

Stefan

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 11:55 AM