Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> battery went boom in the 914 today !
rfuerst911sc
post Aug 30 2013, 01:07 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,980
Region Association: South East States

Haven't driven in the teener in a few weeks and today was an off Friday so good a time as any. Had the battery on a tender so figured I'd be good to go. Battery is aprox. 6 month old conventional wet cell. I unplugged the tender then unclipped the battery clips. Did a quick feel of the battery to make sure it wasn't hot all felt/looked fine. Got in the car, turned the ignition key on and BOOM !!!!! I turned the key off and my mind was racing was that an engine boom or ??? Popped the hood and first thing I noticed was one bank of three battery caps were gone. Looked around a little bit and found it laying on the engine shelf. The cap was OK not cracked or mangled. I wasn't going to risk anything so pulled the battery. Under closer examination the battery case was cracked by the negative terminal. Took the battery to where I purchased it and there was no argument they gave me another new battery. Same type same brand. Put the new battery in the car and she turned over/fired right up like nothing had happened. So defective battery or charging issue or ????
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 04:31 PM