Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Bad relay board?
saigon71
post Sep 9 2013, 05:37 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,428
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Running a stock 2.0 D-jet.

Got some crazy electrical issues going on...need to get everything fixed before inspection. My reverse lights aren't working. Verified that the switch itself is working properly by checking continuity of the switch with the car in and out of reverse. I have continuity from the reverse light switch to the relay board.

Here's where it gets weird. With the car in reverse, I turned the ignition on but didn't start the car. The fuel pump operated normally, stopped buzzing in a few seconds. When I turn the lights or turn signals on with the car in reverse, the fuel pump runs constantly. If I take the car out of reverse, the fuel pump stops running.

I tested all the relays on the control board by swapping them out with one on the headlights.

The reason I suspect the control board is that it is the common link between the back up light switch and the fuel pump.

Anyone encounter anything like this?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 04:19 AM