Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT another question for musicians
scooter311
post Dec 17 2004, 12:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,986

Heya peeps sorry for another music-related thread, but I don't know where to start for this, and I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

I've been playing guitar (very poorly (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) ) for a few years now and am always coming up with fun ideas and riffs, like when I'm driving something pops into my head, and by the time I get together with my friends I have forgotten what it was. Also, when we're together we always seem to end up putting together some original ideas on the spot that sound good, but by the next time we get together, it's all been forgotten as well.
I was hoping there was some sort of software or computer-based way to record guitar and bass? Something I could plug into directly from my effects processor, record, and then listen to later? Maybe modify, and put things together as well, like a rythm, a lead, and bass. We even tried plugging a mike into a boombox and taping, but the results have been horriffic.......

I inquired at a local music chain store, and GoateedDude with Limp Bizkit t-shirt told me for 600 bucks he could sell me home recording studio software.

600 bucks INDEED!!!
I say 'not', and have a fine day to that, sir...

Do I hafta spend that much money to do what I want? I can think of waaaay better things to spend 600 buckaroos on, like pick-anything for my 914 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)

Cheerio (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 01:07 AM