Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> THANK YOU 914 World!
Jesco Reient
post Dec 13 2013, 11:12 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,690
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

After test driving my wife's 914 last night for the first time since 2003, I'd like to take just a minute and say Thank you to this website. I owe many people here a big pile of gratitude.

Thank you to those that took the time to help a guy that didn't get The D-Jet injection and all it's little quirks. Sometimes I asked questions, sometimes I searched posts from years gone by, some of you didn't know you helped me because I merely re-read your earlier posts.

Specifically I'd like to thank Brad Mayeur of 914 Limited Inc. He was a treasure chest of patience answering many, many, phone questions and having really cool parts when required.

Specifically I'd like to thank Dave Ellison of TRIAD West performance, Dave gave me a ton of time when I was going through my wiring harnesses, and in some cases provided parts of cut up harnesses to use to fix mine. Triad West makes a series of really nice exhausts as well, One of the few parts I have ever bought aftermarket that just bolts on like it was supposed to. Dave also loaned me a Type IV case to test my align boring boring fixture I designed and used on my engine and one for Dave and Brad Mayeur as well.

Len Hoffman of HAM, INC. did a beautiful job on the heads, setting them up for the Raby 9590 cam and kit.

Pacific Northwest related, a huge Thank You to Kate and Nate at Olympia Autohaus, again a lot of time answering questions, and a great source of parts. I'm sure they will be a big help again if I adopt the little 356 barn find that wants to follow us home.

My background is that of a machinist and race engine builder. In my professional life I built racing 18 cylinder radials (hold a world record there) and I built racing V-12 Merlin engines (hold a World record there as well), V-8s were my main hobby engine of choice until everything went wrong with my wife's 914. So I'm not a neophyte, still this website was invaluable to me.

OH, Yes AND THANKS TO JEFF BOWLSBY for the wonderful research and technical illustrations that I used for rebuilding my own harnesses, So sorry Jeff your site rocks!

Thanks all
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 05:47 PM