Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Idling Rough, After a good drive on the highway????
martinef1963
post Jan 4 2005, 02:17 PM
Post #1

The Saga Continues...

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,080
Region Association: South East States

Here is the problem with my 72, 914: It starts in the morning - no problems, drives during the first 30 minutes like a stallion, and has plenty of pep on the highway(1.9L -Big Bore Kit), however, once I get off the highway (slower RPM) - I can't hold an idle. Engine starts to vibrate like if it's missing an injector or two.... I pull and reset, but still the same problem.....

The next morning it runs wonderfully again! I got to work this morning, stopped the car and it was idling just right.... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/headbang.gif) This is my daily driver.....

I'm tempted to buy a new FI harness from Bowsley (spelling), but would like other avenues if anyone has any - less expensive advise.....

I'm educating myself on the FI system - it's a bit overwhelming, but I know I will get there, in the mean time - any suggestions?

Thanks - the Newbie
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
martinef1963   Idling Rough   Jan 4 2005, 02:17 PM
jkeyzer   It's probably running too lean once it warms u...   Jan 4 2005, 03:04 PM
martinef1963   No modificatons were done to it, not that I am awa...   Jan 4 2005, 03:44 PM
jkeyzer  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 11:28 PM