Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Looking for a 914
Phil Patry
post Jan 4 2005, 03:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,842

I have been drooling over 914's for a while now and have done quite a bit of reading and research on them. I read the book “How to Restore & Modify Your Porsche 914 & 914/6” cover to cover and have done a bit on research online. What draws me most to a 914 is the fact that is affordable, mid-engine (great handling), and is not too common a car. I love the lines, etc.

I’m currently searching for a car in the South Florida area (West Palm Beach/Fort Lauderdale). I’m looking for a car that is daily drivable, solid chassis with little rust, and a decent coat of paint (as not to piss off the HOA in my wonderful gated community). I’m not looking for show quality and I don’t care that much about the interior, just something to drive everyday and work on. I’m pretty competent with a wrench so most repairs that can be done in a driveway I can handle.

Since I’m really a Porsche/VW newbie I was hoping for some advice as to some things I should watch out for. I know the doors should close flush with weight in the car and the battery trays are prone to rusting. From what I have read it looks like the ideal car would be a 73 or 74 2.0 though I would still consider any other engine. I’m currently looking at a price range of around $2,500 for a car. I would appreciate any input as to what I should expect to find. I know eBay’s prices are allot more inflated then local purchases since I’ve sold a car on there before and have been checking 914’s on there.

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 08:49 PM